WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Ranking Member Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) and members of the committee advanced a nominee to be deputy administrator of FEMA and 18 bills during a committee business meeting Wednesday. All bills were passed by voice unless otherwise noted.
- Nomination of Peter T. Gaynor to be Deputy Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- S. 3405, Protecting and Securing Chemical Facilities from Terrorist Attacks Act of 2018;
- Johnson substitute amendment as modified
- McCaskill amendment 1 as modified
- McCaskill amendment 2 as modified
Postal Naming Bills:
S. 3209, S. 3237, S. 3414, S. 3442, H.R. 606, H.R. 1209, H.R. 2979, H.R. 3230, H.R. 4407, H.R. 4890, H.R. 4913, H.R. 4946, H.R. 4960, H.R. 5349, H.R. 5504, H.R. 5737, H.R. 5784, H.R. 5868, H.R. 5935, H.R. 6116.