WASHINGTON — The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved 14 bills, including a number of border security bills and the Department of Homeland Security General Counsel nomination.
Bills were passed by voice vote unless otherwise noted.
1. Nomination of John M. Mitnick to be General Counsel, U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
1. S. 146, Border Security Technology Accountability Act of 2017;
2. S. 1887, Direct Hire of Students and Recent Graduates Act of 2017;
- As amended by Carper amendment 1
3. S. 1886, Temporary and Term Appointments Act of 2017;
- As amended by the Lankford substitute amendment
4. S. 1888, Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment Adjustment Act of 2017;
- As amended by Johnson/McCaskill amendment 1
5. S. 1847, Homeland Security for Children Act;
- As amended by the Daines substitute amendment
6. S. 1867, FITARA Enhancement Act of 2017.
7. S. 1884, Reporting Efficiently to Proper Officials in Response to Terrorism
Act of 2017;
- As amended by the Johnson substitute amendment
8. S. 1281, Hack the Department of Homeland Security Act of 2017;
- As amended by the Hassan substitute amendment as modified
9. S. 1769, Connected Government Act;
- As amended by the Hassan substitute amendment
10. S. 1869, Whistleblower Protection Coordination Act;
11. S. 1305, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Hiring and Retention Act of 2017;
- As amended by the Heitkamp substitute amendment as modified
12. S. 1791, Presidential Allowance Modernization Act of 2017;
13. H. R. 3210, Securely Expediting Clearances Through Reporting Transparency
Act of 2017;
- As amended by the McCaskill/Tester/Johnson substitute amendment
14. H.R. 70, Federal Advisory Committee Act Amendments of 2017.