Committee on Governmental Affairs Security and Privacy Notice
- This website is provided as a public service by the Committee on Governmental Affairs of the United States Senate and is part of the U.S. Senate internet infrastructure.
- Information presented on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected through the U.S. Senate internet infrastructure for statistical purposes. The U.S. Senate computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the U.S. Senate computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used by the U.S. Senate for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
The Listserv/Subcriber E-Mail
Information entered by the subcriber into the listserv is used to provide profile distiction within the database. Other than an E-Mail address, personal idenifying information is optional and is not used for purposes other than to better fulfill your selected topical E-Mail notice requests. We do not share your information with any private organizations or any other government agency.
The Committee's web site is compliant with the Platform for Privacy Preference Project (P3P) specification. If you are using a web browser or other privacy software that is able to read P3P policies, the site's privacy practices have already been sent to automatically. For more information on P3P, visit the official web site at www.w3c.org/p3p
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster