WASHINGTON — The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved nine bills and the nomination of Elaine Duke to be deputy secretary of the Department of Homeland Security during a business meeting Wednesday.
All bills and the nomination were approved by voice vote.
- The Honorable Elaine C. Duke to be deputy secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- S. 585, Dr. Chris Kirkpatrick Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017
- S. 582, Office of Special Counsel Reauthorization Act of 2017
- S. 576, Follow the Rules Act
- S. 317, Taxpayers Right-to-Know Act
- S. 500, Securing our Agriculture and Food Act
- S. 218, Social Security Fraud Prevention Act of 2017
- S. 188, Eliminating Government-Funded Oil Painting Act
- H.R. 274, Modernizing Government Travel Act
- H.R. 366, DHS Stop Asset and Vehicle Excess Act