WASHINGTON — U.S. Senators Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, today released over 400 pages of documents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Justice (DOJ), and the Department of State regarding the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation of the Trump campaign and administration. The Committees obtained these records through joint requests, as well as Chairman Johnson’s August 6, 2020, subpoena to the FBI. The Chairmen also released a comprehensive timeline of key events related to the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.
The Chairmen made the following statement:
“For years, the American people have demanded answers to questions regarding the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation and its targeting of the Trump campaign, the presidential transition, and the Trump administration. Our committees have sought to uncover and expose misconduct by calling on agencies to declassify and produce text messages, internal emails, and other investigative material, which in turn we have made public. Although agency bureaucrats have fought tooth and nail to keep records hidden, our commitment to transparency has never wavered. The documents we are releasing today are the product of our continued fight for transparency. These documents are far less than what we have requested, but we are making them public so the American people can decide for themselves what wrongdoing did and did not occur.”
Recent Joint Letters from the Chairmen:
May 09, 2019, letters to the FBI and State
July 28, 2020, letter to the Justice Department and FBI
July 28, 2020, letter to the State Department
August 6, 2020, subpoena to the FBI
October 2, 2020, letter to the FBI
October 12, 2020, letter to the FBI
October 30, 2020, letter to the Justice Department and FBI
November 20, 2020, letter to the Justice Department
Key documents from each agency can be viewed below:
DOJ documents can be found here and below.
- Lync and text messages between and among DOJ and FBI employees from 6/27/16 to 1/2/18
- Emails about FBI’s receipt of Fusion GPS thumb drive
- Miles Taylor April 2017 FBI FD-302
FBI documents can be found here and below.
- Lync and text messages from eight DOJ/FBI employees including Trisha Anderson, James Baker, Carl Ghattas, Stephen Laycock, James Comey, Michael Steinbach, E.W. Priestap, and Andrew McCabe from 7/15/16 to 5/29/18
- 12/28/16 Email from Benjamin Wittes to James Comey; Email between Comey and Andrew McCabe
- Lync messages of James Baker from 12/29/16 to 8/14/17 and text messages of James Comey from 9/7/16 to 1/11/17
- Heavily redacted Peter Strzok Emails from January 2017
- Andrew McCabe Lync/text messages from 6/8/15 to 3/14/18
- Crossfire Hurricane file update regarding Department of State employees’ knowledge of FBI relationship with Christopher Steele
- Lync/text messages of Peter Strzok from 2/13/16 to 12/6/17
- Text messages from DOJ/FBI employees Randall Coleman from 8/3/15 to 12/5/16, Carl Ghattas on 11/30/17, Charles McGonical from 10/29/16 to 5/24/17, and Charles Spencer from 10/24/16 to 11/9/16
Department of State documents can be found here. These include Jonathan Winer, Victoria Nuland, Kathleen Kavalec emails regarding Christopher Steele’s Orbis reports.
The Chairmen’s Crossfire Hurricane timeline can be viewed here.